View Poll Results: How many own a mini lathe?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • I only own a mini lathe and love it.

12 19.05%
  • I own both a mini and large lathe and use both.

48 76.19%
  • I own both a mini and large lathe but will be selling the mini.

3 4.76%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poll, how many folks own a portable mini lathe?

I have a Delta 46-460 and a Oneway 2436. The Oneway stays put - even though I have a set of wheels for it. I have taken the Delta out on "field trips" for demonstrations on occasion. It is small enough that I can pick it up and put it in the back of my Subaru. The hardest part it gathering up all the turning tools and accessories. I always try to take a vacuum of some sort as well in order to clean up the inevitable mess I make. The lathe ends up just being another tool to load. I think a Saturday workshop would be a fantastic idea. I don't know what your club meeting area looks like, but I could see having several member lathes set up in a workshop on temporary stands/sawhorses/workbenches/etc. I'm sure I could have 4-5 extra minis in my shop if I moved some stuff around. Sounds like a great time!!
    Man advances just in proportion that he mingles thought with his labor. - Ingersoll

I am seriously considering a mini. It is not that I have the need to travel with one, but a space issue. I kept my old 12x42 lathe for my 8 year old who is really enjoying it. But the shop is really just too small for that and the 1642. He would be fine with a mini, and I could put it on a shelf when not in use. (It would open up travel as well if that ever becomes a reality.

I have 3 lathes, American Beauty for large, Liberty for medium (using it more than the Beauty now actually), and a Jet mini (1224) for making threaded boxes with a Klein jig. The mini gets used the least, but not practical to do boxes on the big lathes.

robo hippy