Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Homer Bucket Air Scrubber

In my opinion, most lasers fires are caused by exhaust setups not creating enough of a vacuum in the machine. I'd be careful on how much filtration you put in, especially if you plan on vector cutting a lot.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

Yup, I'll be watching the CFM like a hawk. I liked the performace of the blower without the scrubber (there's a LOT of air flow at the laser), but I don't like the smells. I ended up taking off the "don't stick your finger in the impeller" safety grills to up the CFM at the laser. The prefilter that I use now was just to keep larger bits (like paper scraps) from contaminating the carbon. What I didn't realize at first was the large smoke particles easily go through the loose furnace filter and bind to the carbon and prevent the carbon from removing the smaller odor particles.

I'll most likely add a multi-layer large shop-vac type filter to remove the large smoke particles. The shop vac filters are washable so I can swap in a spare as the CFM drops and keep the carbon doing it's odor removing job.

Worse case scenario is I use a furnace blower to up the CFM a bit.
    Laser: Trotec Speedy 300-80 watts
    Software: Corel Draw X6, Windows 7 64-bit, Adobe Photoshop CS5
    __________________________________________________ ___

Please, call me Ron.