Thread: Glue Question for Segmenters

Glue Question for Segmenters

We are really suffering here in central Texas (home of the only university to ever have a freshman Heisman winner, I might add). Temperatures here are supposed to stay below 60 for the next few days. My question is, since original TiteBond says to use above 50 degrees F, can you apply it and take it indoors to cure.

What do you guys who live in the cooler climes do (other than heat your shop)?
    Tom

2 Chronicles 7:14

yes, take it inside to cure
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

I do all my cutting outside, and all the glue-up inside the house.

I have not been thinking and done some titebond gluing out in the shop in cold weather - bad decision.
    Quando Omni Flunkus - Moritatem!

I only bring it inside if the temp in the shop is expected to drop below 50, otherwise I leave it in the shop. Haven't had a failure so far.

Colby, Washington. Just across the Puget Sound from Seattle, near Blake Island.
    Your premise provides the answer: When in doubt, bring it inside. I'd used Titebond III in colder temperatures -- 50-60 degrees, and not that cold -- only to find it turned into something akin to pancake batter. Didn't hold. So, yes, cold temperature compromise the adhesive qualities.

Russell Neyman

Writer - Woodworker - Historian
    Instructor: The Woodturning Experience
    Puget Sound, Washington State

"Outside of a dog, there's nothing better than a good book; inside of a dog it's too dark to read."

If it is below 65* I take inside.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.