Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shenhui Autofocus, Frame and Origin

Quote Originally Posted by Khalid Nazim View Post
    I am on EST as well and I have worked with their tech support from 6PM EST onwards. I get support from Joy Yang (skype ID/name wm03511) and he is fantastic.

I also opted to get the autofocus arrangement which was a good thing for a while but a couple of things forced me ditch it and use just the focus sticks. First, the autofocus plunger holder is fixed on the nozzle. So whenever I had to clean the lens, I had to take the plunger out (I had to make line on the plunger to ensure that I put it back on the right height) as the nozzle would not open. Second, the z-axis focus calculation for the autofocus arrangement to work is for a particular lens. Whenever you change the lens you have to change this setting in the vendor file.

So after a month of autofocus madness and an accident that misaligned my head and ......, I moved to using the focus sticks and I am happy camper

Regards
    Khalid
    Yes I agree. After tearing it apart I can see how using a focus stick would be simpler and less accident prone. I have already crashed my head twice and do not want to do it again. My issue is figuring out which focus stick I need as I have no idea what lens I have. That and the origin if I can fix those two I am onto cutting.
    - Shane

Shenhui SH-G350 60W, Joe's 4x4 CNC, V-Carve, Corel, Mach3, Laserwork and tons of woodworking tools!

If you do the thing where you engrave a line on a piece of material propped up on one end you will have the answer of what your focal length is - and what size of focus stick you need.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

I spoke with Shenhui tonight and I got everything fairly straight except the autofocus. The focal mirror is 40 mm so Joy shared that the distance is 9mm. I was supposed to have an acrylic stick with it but must have gotten lost in transport. I was actually able to get the framing to work correctly myself though I am not 100 % sure what I did. It does seem like the origin button is now working and I can set it anywhere on the table and as long as the rest of the table has enough size for the job it will track fine. I tried this earlier but its working now so thats all I care. Still no real answer on why autofocus was not working but that was the least of my issues. I asked joy to think on it and get back to me. I shared with him I believe it is software as the motherboard is receiving the appropriate signal (or at least what I think is the appropriate)
    - Shane

Shenhui SH-G350 60W, Joe's 4x4 CNC, V-Carve, Corel, Mach3, Laserwork and tons of woodworking tools!