Hey...Thanks for all the input. I have to admit that it was 190 degrees here today and between the temp in my garage and the jointer issues....I was a little HOT earlier. Before I jump to any conclusions I'll give Wilke a chance at customer service.

This machine comes with a built in three wheel mobile base that is very nice. The ~500 lb jointer turns on a dime and is easily moved which is very important in my small space. And while I'm a bit disappointed in the castings, they are cosmetic and should not affect performance. I have not checked the top with a gage yet but as long as it is level & plumb...and the blades are replaced I think I'll be satisfied. I'll be interested in the explanation for the wear marks on the wheel and the blade problem. But we all make mistakes & it is only fair to give them a chance. The true test will be in the performance. I bought this for a specific project which requires miles (slight exaggeration) of jointing on hard maple and walnut. I'll post results of my discussion with Wilke....and project pics when complete.

- John W