Thread: What are your favorite woodworking video sites?

What are your favorite woodworking video sites?

Seeing as this is the time of year that I don't get much shop time (because it is too dog-gone COLD!), I try to get my "fix" from watching videos online. Do you guys have any favorites?

Some of mine are:

The Wood Whisperer

The Renaissance Woodworker

and...Blue Collar Woodworking with Stumpy Nubs (not only because he is a tad insane, but also because he is remarkably clever)

What's your favorites???
    Last edited by Harold Burrell; 01-05-2013 at 11:28 AM.

I will second The Wood Whisperer and The Renaissance Woodworker. Also I enjoy everything Lie Nielsen puts on YouTube.
    For even the Son of man came not to be served, but to serve.

Definitely Marc Spagnolo, aka the Woodwhisperer. He cracks me up and has a lot of really good information. Marc used to be a member here, but I don't see him in the member listing any more. Probably has too much to take care of with his site. I'll have to check in on The Renaissance Woodworker, I hadn't heard of that one. Jim.
    Last edited by Jim O'Dell; 01-05-2013 at 3:48 PM.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Am I the only one who thinks Marc Spagnolo, aka the Woodwhisperer over explains things? don't get me wrong I love watching his videos but some times he doesn't get straight to the point.

Quote Originally Posted by ken masoumi View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Marc Spagnolo, aka the Woodwhisperer over explains things? don't get me wrong I love watching his videos but some times he doesn't get straight to the point.
    I, personally, thinks he is pretty balanced in that area. I (being of the "thick headed" sort) appreciate his thoroughness.

Quote Originally Posted by ken masoumi View Post
    He does it intentionally. In one of his early videos he said he didn't want to talk over the heads of woodworking newcomers.

Don't forget Norm is still on the New Yankee Workshop.

John

The Wood Whisperer and some of the videos available to members of Fine Wood Working. I appreciate the ingenuity of Stumpy in his videos. I have little interest in the Renaissance Woodworker since he's nearly exclusively hand tools.

Stumpy Nubs, that about does it for me. Hysterical, cheap (frugal? nah, way past that) and cleaver. And FWW has some real good video series too.

Woodworkingonline.com has a lot of really cool podcasts too.

Half inch shy and flair woodworking are both great.

If you are interested in Windsor chairs, Curtis Buchanan has 51 videos on the process. curtisbuchananchairmaker
    It is very generous of him to take the time to make and post these videos and not charge anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wyatt View Post
    Half inch shy and flair woodworking are both great.
    I'll second Paul Marcel and Half-inch shy. Funny stuff.

Benchcrafted has some good videos up from time to time. Jameel seems like an interesting guy.

PBS.com has 50 or so episodes of The Woodwright's Shop.

#1 http://woodgears.ca/ - one of the most brilliant engineers in woodworking. More shop oriented and not so many straight wood projects

#2 http://www.youtube.com/user/lgosseuxdbois -- "The WoodPecker". Kind of a newcomer. All his videos are posted twice, once with French and once with English commentary. Just a regular guy building things. I just like him.

#3 I sometimes watch woodworking for mere mortals, and he does have some good stuff for the beginner. I do find it a bit annoying how much he laughs during the course of a video.

#4 http://www.youtube.com/user/gordgraff2748 -- Gord's a woodworking buddy of mine, so I'm biased. But I think he is one of the best teachers of woodworking that I've met.

#5 This is a bit off topic, but I only recently noticed that Lee Valley is now putting up videos that explain/introduce/demonstrate more and more of their tools and other offerings: http://www.leevalley.com/en/home/Videos.aspx Vic Tesolin is the demonstrator of the woodworking stuff, and he is well known up here for working for the Canadian Woodworking magazine for a while, and also appearances at woodshows.
    "It's Not About You."