Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: How long ago was your 1st Grizzly?

March 2010, G0690. Happy repeat customer ever since. My first stop for any tools shopping is CraigsList, second stop Grizzly. Buck stops there !

Bought a Grizzly 6" jointer in 1988. Fit and finish was a bit rough, but nothing a little filing didn't fix. Never had any problems, and worked well until I sold it a few years ago to upgrade to a used PM 8" jointer.

Since this thread has been dug up from the dead, I can actually answer that. My first Grizzly Machine is my Grizzly G0572 which arrived on my door in October 2010. So not a super long history with their machines, but so far the experience has been better than good. Very basic machine, with some of those extra bells and whistles like a timer and variable speed. I have too many other targets for too little money to want to upgrade any of my shop machines until something major breaks, but when it does, I am pretty sure Grizzly will be one of the sources I check out when looking for replacements...
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

My first Grizzly purchase was about 8 years ago, bought a USED bench top drill press. That worked out well, and my next was a G0609 jointer. So far I have 6 Grizzly machines. The newest was my new planer and shaper. First thing I did after cleaning off the grease, was to take my file and take off any sharp edges. My thinking is that the table tops are cast steel, as they file easily, and drilling the shaper top for the power feeder worked well too. And I could use my center punch to mark the holes easily.

I ordered some stuff from them about 6 years ago. A mortising jig some router bits and a drill press to go with the mortising jig. The first router bit I tried exploded the minute I started the router and sent pieces everywhere had to dig them out of the wall luckily I didn't get hit the mortising jig lasted through 2 jobs before it broke and the drill press is still working but had to replace the motor

After buying my 2nd new Grizzly machine, a mid sized lathe, I am convinced that Grizzly has the best customer service of any main line woodworking machinery company. They go way past the warranty -mandated customer service requirements because they want your business. In a marketplace filled with old "good" named woodworking brands who usually spend a lot of effort to deny a warranty claim. I was pleasently surprised with the great service that Grizzly provides. Thank you Grizzly!

Purchased an 18" Griz bandsaw in 2004. Got rid of 6 months later, the happiest day of my woodworking life.

My one, and so far only, Grizzly machine is a 20" G1033 planer purchased about 13 years ago. It has been a solid performer for me in my hobby workshop. It replaced an old Delta 13" four poster that was built in Brazil and was very well made. I went for the wider width that the Grizzly has, and it has been a good machine for me with no problems. It has the disposible blade system that works well, although at times I have considered adding one of the insert heads that are available. Based on my experience with this planer I would certainly consider buying another Grizzly machine if the need arises.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    I ordered some stuff from them about 6 years ago. A mortising jig some router bits and a drill press to go with the mortising jig. The first router bit I tried exploded the minute I started the router and sent pieces everywhere had to dig them out of the wall luckily I didn't get hit the mortising jig lasted through 2 jobs before it broke and the drill press is still working but had to replace the motor
    Unless you ordered under a different name, we have no record of you having purchased anything from us. You and your construction company have only been in our system since 2010.