Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grizzly saw from store to workshop?

i have found out over years usually seems to be the driver and their mood not company. back in 94 when started my tool buying adventures. had 1023tablesaw 8" jointer and 2hp dust collector delivered from grizzly, had basement shop with no lift gate. the driver helped me unload truck and get all the stuff into my basement shop.. imagine my suprise when few months later bought a 3hp shaper and driver showed up and told me my problem getting tool out of his truck....

2. I have yet to find a machine that I couldn't move using a 5-ton come-along, engine hoist, and a couple 1000 lb capacity dollies. I managed to move my 1500 lb bandsaw from my old shop, to my car hauler, back off of the car hauler, through the den of my new house, and place it in the new basement shop. Admittedly it wasn't pretty . . . or efficient . . . or safe, but darn it it worked!!

If you guys were talking about picking up machines at the store and moving them home, my tilt bed trailer does that job very well. I built it 5 x 9, and it has a pin in the front that I pull and then the back end pivots to the ground, so when I haul the lawn mower or atv I just back up and it pivots down and then when I drive it back on, the weight of the mower puts the trailer bed bad to road mode. As far as receiving a machine from a freight company, my skid steer does that very well. I bought the thing several years ago, and find it really gives my back a break. Have the fork attachment, and use it whenever I need to load or unload something heavy. I just drive it up to the back of the truck, snag the pallet, and drive it up to the door of my shop. Worked really well when I got the new shaper, the thing was up on 2 pallets, so I just put the forks under the table, raised it slightly, moved the pallets out of the way, put the movable base under it, and let it down on the base. If I had had friends to help unload it, they would have lifted it by the table, so can't imagine what damage that could cause. Anyway, works for me!

The only machine I have ordered from grizzly was in 2003 a G0555 BS. It was from a secondary company called Overnight or some other name similar. I had a couple of friends help me lift it off of the truck, the driver said he would not get it down and was concerned only about how to get his truck out of the sub-division. It was a semi-truck and did not have a lift gate. I would have a couple of friends around and prepare for the worst, but you might get lucky and not need them. My SS was taken off with a small forklift and put into my shop and delivered for free but that was from a company called Keim Lumber relatively close to where I live. Expect a freight company hired by Grizzly and buy several beers for the friends who come to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I ordered it with liftgate service and the drivers brought each of my machines (not all Grizzly) right into the shop. There are plenty of stories about drivers that are "by the book" and they are probably the same guys who wonder why "the other guy" didn't get laid off instead of them .
    This was my experience as well. Nice guy delivering mine!
    Sawdust is some of the best learning material!