Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Band Saw Outfeed

Bandsaw Table Extension.jpgInfeed table -1.jpgInfeed Table-2.jpgQuartering the cant.jpg

Hi, here are some photographs I made of the table extensions for my 17" bandsaw.

They're made from 19mm BB plywood, the legs are 3/4"EMT with a turned wood plug in the bottom to house a nutsert for a 3/8"-UNC bolt that acts as the levelling foot.

The top of the leg is a 3/4" EMT connector screwed into a 3/4" pipe flange on the bottom of the plywood, easy to detach and store.

The infeed table clips over the fence mounting rail, the outfeed table sits on top of the rear fence rail, secured with 2 X 1/4-UNC flat head machine screws and wing nuts.

The last photo shows the whole thing being used with a log carriage to make some quarter sawn ash lumber...........Regards, Rod.
    Last edited by Rod Sheridan; 02-21-2013 at 8:46 PM. Reason: spelling

That's superb, Rod.

Does the bandsaw slide back and park against the wall?

I made two 5' long tables, one for indeed and one for outfeed, and used the space underneath for drawers. Since i wanted them to be perfect in height I did nt put them on casters, only to discover that I needed to move the indeed table to accommodate blade changes.

But this works only if you have room in your shop. They do make great work tables on their own.

I made this out of some stuff I had around the shop. Not very fancy, but it works good.
    Paul
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Angrisani View Post
    That's superb, Rod.

Does the bandsaw slide back and park against the wall?
    Thanks Joe, yes the bandsaw is normally stored flat against the wall to save space, with the table extensions hung on the wall...........Rod.

Thanks for all the replies, there's a lot of good ideas to work with. I live in SW Ont, don't get to the E coast a lot, but thanks for the offer John.