Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where are my Delta parts!?

The "New" Delta took almost 9 months to process my $100 rebate. Only after posting about that here and on Amazon did they send my check. They tried to make me feel guilty by saying others were pushed behind me. What a crock!

I will never buy another Delta or Beisemeyer (owned by Delta) product as long as I live. Many other comparable or better products out there.

I would second the - "Don't buy Delta" mantra.
    I got a Delta Drill press last November. It was missing a couple minor parts. I can still use it, but it is not right. I called the local service center, and have been waiting since then for the parts. Numerous calls from me, and just as many excuses from them. I would not buy Delta again.

Are you guys referring to "new" Delta or vintage machines? Hopefully for all Delta, because then that will leave more vintage Delta for the rest of us!!!!!!
    If the thunder don't get you, the lightning will.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Zaffuto View Post
    Are you guys referring to "new" Delta or vintage machines?
    The new Delta, since it was sold to a Chinese group, or at least most of it was.

The problem today is companies being bought up by marketing concerns.
    The manufacturers are completely out of the picture now.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Tony, You can have all the vintage and "new" Delta you want. No more for me!

6. I have a 46-460 lathe & the on/off swictch is going bad. Called local service center & they said it was no longer available, discontinued. Will also never buy a Delta product again.

It kinda looks like Delta is following the path of Bell & Howell and Polaroid, among others. Once a strong quality U.S. brand, now trading on past glories. I hope the guys in S. Carolina can turn it around. I recall a guy in the midwest somwhere buying container(s) load of vintage Delta parts at scrap prices. If he hadn't bought them, they would have indeed been scrap. I don't recall his name.

A month or so ago, for the 2nd time, I broke the handle on my Delta SCMS. I was able to repair it with epoxy the first time. That wasn't an option this time. So I ordered some parts from Delta. I received the common message........moving warehouse......delays for "X" weeks due to move.

Well.....last week, the first 1/2 of the handle arrived and I compared it to the original....."Oh great! Waited for the wrong part."

This afternoon the 2nd 1/2 of the handle arrived. I opened the box "Oh great! Wrong part #2!"

Then I looked a little closer! They had redesigned the handle and I got the updated version which I believe is stronger and wil last longer. Oops!

The good news......Delta parts are shipping once again!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Yesterday I went on the Delta website, just to see what they are selling nowadays.

BTW, I just received a new infeed roller for my lunchbox planer that took several weeks to arrive. I got it from ereplacementparts.com.

Anyway, I remember in the 90's Delta had a pretty impressive array of woodworking tools that went from the weekend warrior stuff to some serious commercial machines. Not any longer. It's all low ticket items and a smattering of slightly more serious machines. I feel lucky I was able to get the parts I needed. When it comes time for replacing the machine, Delta is off the list.

second for e replacement parts . com

I have a 14-651 mortiser and the power switch decided to start smoking so I ordered a new on from here and got it quick and it's after a few minutes it was back in working condition.

I like my old machines. my porter cable plunge router is SO nice I will cry when it finally dies.

guess I'll have to start switching to festool.
    "The element of competition has never worried me, because from the start, I suppose I realized wood contains so much inspiration and beauty and rhythm that if used properly it would result in an individual and unique object." - James Krenov

What you do speaks so loud, I cannot hear what you say. -R. W. Emerson

I have a delta planer that I need new motor parts for. Looking online isn't working for me so far. Last week I needed a piece of tool steel I went out the the shed and pulled the blades out of the planer to use that and threw the rest of the planer into the scrap iron pile. A couple hours later I changed my mind and pulled it out of the pile and put the blades back in but I have a feeling that pretty soon it is going to go back into that pile and I won't change my mind. If Ken is right and they are shipping parts again maybe it is a good thing I saved it.
    Universal M-300 (35 Watt CO2)
    Universal X-660 (50 Watt CO2)

Hans (35 watt YAG)
    Electrox Cobra (40 watt YAG)

Glass With Class, Cameron, Wisconsin

For the record, when I ordered the parts from Delta, I looked at ereplacmentparts.com and they showed none in stock and no estimated date of future stock. Delta showed stock BUT I had read about Delta's part problem. I was in no hurry so I ordered from Delta. As I said earlier, I got emails from them saying "Warehouse move has delayed parts shipments." I am not trying suggest anyone order from Delta, just merely reporting though there was a delay, I did get the parts I ordered 6-8 weeks ago.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I'm still waiting on parts I ordered last November. I got one out of the 4 parts I ordered. So maybe some of the parts are shipping, but not all. I'd say I am turned off enough to never buy a Delta tool again.

After 3 months waiting for Delta to ship (find? manufacture???) my X5 bandsaw parts, I canceled the order and ordered them from Mike's Tools. They shipped that day, and I had my bandsaw working again within a week.

Almost all of my stationary tools are Delta, but I'm definitely going to try to avoid buying any new Delta stuff.

I just received my rebate for the drill press I bought 10 months ago
    I've had parts on order for my 14-651 mortiser for 3 weeks...I'm hopeful I won't have to wait quite THAT long to get it up & running again!