Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Deal On A Used Lathe?

Good Deal On A Used Lathe?

Nova DVR XP with Oneway Stronghold chuck, bed extension, Outboard Turning attachment and shop built stand. The lathe is six years old and the owner reports no problems with it. $1200. Good deal or not?
    Gag, Ack, Barf - Bill the Cat

One vote for good deal.

Outboard Turning attachment.....is it the kind thats freestanding and braced by lathe or is it the kind that goes on lathe toolrest to extend the toolrest outboard so when you turn the headstock you can turn.....if its the later, i personally do not like that type of outboard turning attachment so that's a negative, had one on a delta and just my opinion but do not care for it

I vote good deal assuming all is in reasonable condition. I would certainly jump at it if it were local.
    Grady - "Thelma, we found Dean's finger"
    Thelma - "Where is the rest of him?!"

Get it that is about $3.5K of goodies brand new
    If you ain't Cheatin', You ain't tryin'...

"If A equals success, then the formula is, A = X + Y + Z, Where X is work, Y is play, And Z is keep your mouth shut." -Albert Einstein.

Good deal for sure.

The out board turning unit from NOVA is a solid useable item, heavy and well built as compared to other makes that also attach to the lathe. I have one and do use it when needed.
    C&C WELCOME

Forgot to add that a bowl steady rest is also included. Based on feedback so far looks like this is a winner. Going to look at it Wednesday - with my checkbook.
    Gag, Ack, Barf - Bill the Cat

Sounds like a great deal to me. I've had my DVR XP for 7 years and I couldn't be happier with it.

I would take cash, and if you can, get there sooner. it might disappears. That to good of a deal to pass up.

Alan

Sounds like a great deal. I bought a used Nova DVR 3000 & paid $1000.00 for it a couple of years back. Definately worth the price.
    Billy

A friend of mine just bought a used DVR XP for $1200.00 without any attachments. He is happy with his purchase, so you should be exuberant with this deal. Get it.

Jump on it before someone else does! I love my DVR-XP.

Sid
    Sid Matheny
    McMinnville, TN

Gene - just to throw something out there as a reference, got this in the email today: DVR

Good luck!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

I don,t know anything about the nova lathe, but that sounds like a good deal to me,whish it was closer. I am looking for a 1642 for around $1500 but that might be hard. Byron