Thread: odd gloat

odd gloat

So i was looking to upgrade my veneer vacuum pump to a larger volume pump for chucking, and found one on craigslist (Gast 1023, 3/4hp, almost perfect condition). I went to look at it and saw it and noticed it was almost in mint condition. I asked him where he got it since he was selling it dirt cheap compared to what it cost new. He said his wife was a realtor and an office forcelosed and they were selling off all of the items inside. He just wanted the cart that it came in, and didn't care about the pump. I asked him what kind of office, and he said 'Doctors office'.. that made me curious.. then he told me the pump was for, of all things....

Liposuction...

He even showed me all of the filters and nozzles and attachments that came with it and asked it i wanted them, I told him I would pass, but thanks.

The wife now refers to my vacuum pump as my 'fat pump'.
    Grady - "Thelma, we found Dean's finger"
    Thelma - "Where is the rest of him?!"

Well at least it is going to GOOD use now! Congrats on a good deal.

Alex, I've just got to see a picture of the fat pump! Nice score by the way.
    Tom

Alex,
    Mine is a 3/4 hp Gast and you've solved a big puzzle for me. I noticed when I spend a lot of hours at the lathe using my vacuum system I feel thinner when I go back in the house. I thought is was because turning time was keeping me from snacking.
    >
    faust

Great, Faust....... you've solved my overweight problem..... I need to snack less
    and get a Gast pump for the vac system I have.