Thread: Nova tool rest set screw working loose?

Nova tool rest set screw working loose?

I got a new DVR XP recently and am finally getting some good time on it. However on the set screw that holds the rest to the 1" rod, it seems to not have enough grip when I am using the tool on the far ends of the rest, and the rest keeps getting loose and moving in use. I continually tighten it, but I am afraid to really lock itin as it is a small screw. Is there some way to make this more secure? I keep having the rest move and really don't want it to hit the piece, but if I am not extra careful it will eventually happen. For as robust as everything is in the banjo assembly, it seems a peculiar under design, unless I am doing something wrong.
    Grady - "Thelma, we found Dean's finger"
    Thelma - "Where is the rest of him?!"

Alex
    I put a drop of blue loctite on mine and it has been working fine.

Up to about 1month ago I was using a dvrxp for around 4 year and never came across the problem you mention, you do mean the screw that you use to set the toolrest at whatever height and position you want don't you? I always found the small bar with the knobs on was plenty enough for locking the toolrest, the only thing I can recommend is to check that there is no grease or oil or wood dust/chippings on either the toolpost or banjo hole, also don't be afraid to really crank on the screw, that small bar I daubt is big enough to strip those threads, though personally I found just past hand tight was plenty!
    Sorry I cannot offer any more advice than that!!!

Set screw? Must be a new design. My XP is solid one piece. Do you have photos?

Jim

I have a 2024 DVR and also have had no problems with the toolrest moving on me once I've firmly tightened the adjustment knob.

There is a set screw on the bottom side of the bango that comes lose from time to time. It is a bugger to get at.