Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Baileigh Industrial "build us a box" Woodworking Contest, Win $1,600 !!!!!!

Blog Entries
    The contrasting woods really kick it up a notch, looking good.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

Blog Entries
    I'd love to learn how to make a hinge like that. You must do a How-To video!!!
    Have a Nice Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Lanier View Post
    I'd love to learn how to make a hinge like that. You must do a How-To video!!!
    If you're referring to the hinge in my box, I would like very much to put together a video on design and construction, but I don't think that I have enough time. Including this box, I have three projects that need to be finished in three days, as I will be travelling after that. I don't think I can complete a video by then - maybe after the contest deadline.

Every box design so far has been incredibly creative and each has an innovative approach. Only one week left in the contest so good luck to everyone!

Here's one more photo before I (hopefully!) post the completed project. This one shows the purpose of my box.

S6305959.jpg

Blog Entries
    Anytime would be good for a How To video. Thanks
    Have a Nice Day!

7. That's probably the nicest router bit storage I've ever seen, sure beats my "drop them in a drawer" method I currently use

Finished the latch mechanism, hinges, and some minor inlay bits last night, so about ready to start assembling mine, just need to do another coat of finish on the labyrinth board first (since I cant once the glass is in place). Still trying to figure out what to do with the interior though...

8. Got everything in clamps now, so on to putting on the finish (probably Waterlox) tomorrow. Very nearly assembled the lid without finishing the interior. Had just put glue on pieces and started to assemble them when I realized it would be entirely enclosed and unfinishable in a few moments. Needless to say, I'd have been just a *touch* annoyed if I'd not caught that

baileighBox_wip12.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Every box design so far has been incredibly creative and each has an innovative approach. Only one week left in the contest so good luck to everyone!
    I second this! Very talented and creative woodworkers you have here. Surprising to see the amount of time put into some of these pieces as well. The love of woodworking runs in the blood!
    Aaron Cerkas
    Baileigh Industrial

Blog Entries
    Whew, worked into the late hours last night lining the inside of my box. I have to stay at my dads house Sunday & Monday nights so I really have to pour it on. Looking good everyone!!!
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Matt Mitman View Post
    Got everything in clamps now, so on to putting on the finish (probably Waterlox) tomorrow. Very nearly assembled the lid without finishing the interior. Had just put glue on pieces and started to assemble them when I realized it would be entirely enclosed and unfinishable in a few moments. Needless to say, I'd have been just a *touch* annoyed if I'd not caught that

baileighBox_wip12.jpg
    Holy cow! Good job
    Shane Henderson
    Baileigh Industrial Woodworking
    920-482-3220
    shenderson@baileighindustrial.com

Visit our sponsored forum here:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/forumdis...2-Baileigh-Inc

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Cerkas View Post
    Surprising to see the amount of time put into some of these pieces as well.
    You sound like my spouse!

13. hinges attached, latch mechanism tested to be 100% functional Little more sanding to do until I can start putting finish on, but wanted to see how things were going to look so sprayed with mineral spirits and snapped a few more shots. These'll be the last before the final non-phonecam ones when its finished.

baileighBox_wip13a.jpgbaileighBox_wip13b.jpgbaileighBox_wip13c.jpg

Matt, that looks awesome! I just applied the top coat finish on mine. I like to use a spray can for the top coat on small projects like this one. I'm working on a video to show some of the design and build process.

S6305973a.jpg

15. yep, I grabbed a rattle can of spray lacquer yesterday for the labyrinth part, didn't want to have to clean my spray guns for that small a project.

That stain really makes yours pop, the uniform color was the one thing I wasn't a big fan of, that helped a lot with it