Thread: Garden hose reel cart

Garden hose reel cart

I am looking for a good quality garden hose reel cart. I am tired of paying for the plastic ones that break up and leak. The last one I bought was metal which the paint peeled off after a 1.5 years and then rusted all the way thru the metal a few years later. I am looking for a good quality metal hose reel cart on wheels that will last a long time. Does anyone have a good hose reel cart that has lasted a long time that you would recommend ? The only one I have found so far is from Reelcraft and it retails for 495 locally.

Thanks in advance for any help ...

Marty

I was looking for a smaller garden hose reel for a project and it pretty much seems to be buy cheap or pay what Reelcraft or Cox Reels wants.

Do you have a farm supply store nearby? All the hose reels I looked at from residential suppliers were fancy looking and wayyyy too expensive. I found one thats just plain metal with a spring loaded ratcheting reel that automatically rewinds. I bolted it on the wall of the barn for easy access. I don't remember who manufactures it, but a decent farm supply store will be able to find one for you.

Lee Valley tends to have really good gardening stuff although I would hate to pay the shipping on such an item. Reelcraft and Cox Reels make really good air hose reels so I figure the water hose reels should be good too.

I've had this Rapid Reel for several years and it's worked well. Got it from Northern Tool to the best of my recolection.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have an older Rapid Reel and it is great. It was made in the US but the newer ones are made off shore now.

Blog Entries
    Another vote for RapidReel.