Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 36" or 52"

Go with the long rails - but since you have space limitations get the Industrial Mobile Base. It is a wonderful base that lets you easily maneuver the saw in all directions.

Blog Entries
    Going with the SawStop PCS 3hp and the 52" rails. Will be delivered Wednesday by local supplier all set up and ready to go.

Thanks for all that responded.

I have the longer rails on my G0691 and my router set in the extension. I really like it for the same reasons already mentioned. If you will need to be mobile, as I do, figure the cost of the mobile base and the base extension you will need to move that long saw around.

My shops small, but I have a 52" fence. That saws a beast, but Ive never regretted it. And when I dont need the extra length, I use it for an extra assembly table or as a stand for another tool.

5. Just went through a similar decision. I went with the shorter rails because I have a smaller shop and don't break down a lot of sheet goods. When I do, I find my track saw works well for a one man operation. Like you the cost wasn't really an issue, but space was. It's only been 3 weeks, but so far I think I made the right choice. The longer rails would really have been in the way, and I haven't had a situation where I regretted not having the longer rails.

Like my father-inlaw told me yrs ago "Better to have it than to want it" go for the 52"----Carroll