Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to get Delta bandsaw parts

Where to get Delta bandsaw parts

I have a cheap little 9 inch Delta band saw, model #28-150. One of the wheel bands broke so I ordered a couple more, however, I have not as of yet received them. I emailed the vendor and they answered my email saying the Delta was moving their warehouse and it would be few more weeks. Some how this doesn't sound right.

I've also had problems ordering other parts, a Peerless faucet handle, which is back ordered supposedly, and a while back I tried to replace a Jenn Air range switch, and they are no longer available. The range is only about five years old.

Is there something bigger going on here with the nonavailability of replacement parts, or am I just having a run of bad luck?
    Life's too short to use old sandpaper.

Delta has the same song second verse,I order some scroll saw parts bout 6mos ago,I sent an email to them was told that it would take bout 130 days same reason they gave you.I gave up on them,then I receive some fake emails from DHL about shipping, it was just a virus.All around mess----Carroll

I dropped my Delta shaper off at my dealer for repairs on December 5th of last year...they are still looking for parts.

Part of the agreement when Stanley sold Delta to Chang Type was that they'd handle their parts for a limited time through ServiceNet.Delta. It sounds as if that time period has ended/the honeymoon is over. I figured Chang Type wouldn't have a problem with the Asian made stuff (it's in their backyard after all) and the bigger problems would be with supplying parts for the older USA made Delta machines. From what I'm seeing it's looking like a hot mess across the boards, no matter where the machine was made. I can actually find used parts for my Delta machines faster than people can find new parts for their newer machines.

I have a friend that had trouble finding Delta band saw parts. He found them at Keim lumber in Charm, Ohio. I think they are a Delta service center http://www.keimlumber.com/
    Good luck
    Curt

I have a feeling that those chinese makers would make a run of products and refuse to provide parts for them, because they rather sell you a complete machine rather than parts.

The drain vortex is turning, and Delta is going down it.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I went through the same thing with Delta. "A few more weeks" turned into a few more months, and, after many emails and waiting, I finally got an answer from them that they are still waiting to find someone to manufacture the part! I found everything I needed at mikestools.com, including the large cast iron trunion support. The parts shipped the same day I ordered, and I had them a few days later.

Delta is having a lot of issues w/ parts since they were sold, & heard the contract w/ former owners (Stanley B&D) to handle parts just ended.

Might as well go with Grizzly, at least they keep parts around.

I guess it's easy enough to say "go with grizzly" when you don't have a 20 year collection of Delta machines needing occasional service.

Yeah Tim, Im with you. Easy to say. Im starting to think it might make sense to buy a few "parts machines" like some car guys do. Problem is the parts machines may very well have the same brokes that I want to fix on my "good" ones. Plus you have to have room to store them. Alternatively, theres a business opportunity for someone start gathering up used delta machines and parting them out. Its done for hand planes all the time - you can see it on ebay.So Im afraid it may very well be what Tai, said - as our delta stuff fails we have to trash it. Heart breaking. But the new owners probably make more $ that way. Fred

Well, no more Delta for me. Thanks for the info. I guess I'll try to put some sort of tape on the wheels and make my own tires. Bob
    Life's too short to use old sandpaper.

Is there a reason why you have to use delta tires? They have tires that fits a specific wheel diameter and there are lots of aftermarket parts for that 14 inch cast iron deltas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Glenn View Post
    Well, no more Delta for me. Thanks for the info. I guess I'll try to put some sort of tape on the wheels and make my own tires. Bob
    Try broadening your horizon, you don't need OEM tires. Look here; http://woodworkerstoolworks.com/stor...&products_id=4

Good products and a great company to do business with. (No affiliation, just a happy customer)