Thread: A few pictures of what I have been up too.

A few pictures of what I have been up too.

Here are some pics of my most resent project, I made this as a Mother's day gift that I gave away on another forum.
    Last edited by joseph dake; 07-28-2013 at 10:49 PM.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Nice work Joseph! Beautiful wood above and below. (walnut table)
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino

Thank you, Bruce. I made the the table about a year ago and can't find anymore curly walnut around here to make a matching coffee table. The top was box was the first time I used transtint and was very impressed with it.

Beautiful woods !!
    MARK

Thank you, I started with vintage maple mixed with water and then da, but found it to be far to dark. The Alcohol flashed off too fast for my tastes leaving a splotchy look. I then mixed honey maple with the vintage in 8 oz. of water. I was a little worried about doing the whole thing in this color but it turned out great in my opinion.

Blog Entries
    Joseph, great work. on my list of things to do is jewelry case for the Missus. What re all of the woods and what are your rough dimensions? Can you send pics of the drawers open? I will use it as inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by tim walker View Post
    Joseph, great work. on my list of things to do is jewelry case for the Missus. What re all of the woods and what are your rough dimensions? Can you send pics of the drawers open? I will use it as inspiration.
    As much as I would love to take credit for this design I found it in a Wood mag. I know it is 16'' high, 8'' wide and 10'' deep. This is curly soft maple that is easy to come by. The ring holder is curly walnut that I scavenge for at the wood store and cut out what I want. It is hard to find in my area. The plan calls for plywood for the back and bottoms of the drawers. I don't like plywood so I planed down solid wood for all three parts. I would love to give more pics but I gave this away on another forum as a mother's day gift. I think this design begs for a multi wood build.

DSC01221.JPGDSC01222.JPGmaple front.jpgwalnut front.jpg

Funny, I did the same thing from those plans, here are a few of what I came up with, I put a small mirror in the solid walnut one. Great presents and fairly easy to build, good use of small figured cut offs

Blog Entries
    Do you remember which issue of wood that was in?

Blog Entries
    Is that veneer or book matched mahogany on front? And looks like spalled pecan inside! Very beautiful. How are the joints assembled?

the ones I made are all solid wood, the one is crotch walnut, the next is spalted maple, the third one is walnut with sapwood, joints are all groove & tennon, can't remember what issue of wood mag, but you can obtain the plans on their website for a fee.

I really like that spalted maple front. I didn't care for the feet so I didn't make them. Now looking at yours I might have to give it a try.

Really great work! Beautiful figure in there.
    For even the Son of man came not to be served, but to serve.

That is a very nice piece of furniture. Great work!
    Great looking wood floor too!