Thread: New Entertainment Center

Blog Entries

New Entertainment Center

My son and his wife wanted a new entertainment center for their TV and other equipment for their family room. We measured their components and designed a cabinet to meet their needs and fit their space. They wanted it made out of cherry. The finish is two coats of Watco Danish Oil Finish in natural color and actually appears darker in person than it does in the photos. The cabinet is solid cherry except for the back panel.
    20130905_1849.jpg20130905_1851.jpg20130905_1852.jpg
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Very nice. I'm sure they are happy with that. I like the figure in that cherry.

Very nicely done Lee! I am sure it will be appreciated for years to come!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Very pretty and efficient. They need a bigger TV! I have plans to do a similar project out of walnut.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey John View Post
    Very pretty and efficient. They need a bigger TV! I have plans to do a similar project out of walnut.
    They have plans for a larger TV, which is why they wanted this design cabinet.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Nicely Done Lee! how thick are your door panels? Did you resaw, edge glue and then finish plane or take another route?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe A Faulkner View Post
    Nicely Done Lee! how thick are your door panels? Did you resaw, edge glue and then finish plane or take another route?
    The door panels are 1/2" thick in 3/4" thick frames, they are inset in the front and and flush on the inside. I planed down some 3/4 cherry to make the panels. The panels were edge glued before planing and fit nicely in my 12-1/2" planer.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

Nice work, Lee!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Lee, very nice entertainment center.
    Lori K

That looks awesome..!

Nice job. That is some exceptional Cherry

Excellent work, my hats off to you! I like structure, it's very nice.