Thread: Couple rookie pictures

Couple rookie pictures

I know by most of you guys' standards, these are pretty plain, but I'm plum tickled. The 3 bangles (walnut) came out after shattering 3 or 4. All (most?) pics are finished with EEE and Behlen WT finish. The light dipper is ash (not sure if I EEE'd it or Bealle system) and the one beside it is bubinga (an interesting wood to work with - tended to burn very quickly). The bottle stopper is my very 1st attempt at that particular endeavor and is also bubinga. C and C welcome and encouraged. Thanks for looking and commenting.

1st stopper.jpgvariety turnings.jpg
    Last edited by Greg A Jones; 10-07-2013 at 7:42 PM.

I like them, Greg. What is EEE?
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

very nice, enjoy you curve

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    I like them, Greg. What is EEE?
    Thanks - EEE Ultrashine http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=17449

Disclaimer - not promoting Rockler or any other seller - just the first one that came up in google list.
    Last edited by Greg A Jones; 10-07-2013 at 8:16 PM.

Nice job Greg. I have used EEE on a few pieces and is real easy to use
    Al

If it matters EEE is a very fine compound and is more expensive than toothpaste or auto/metal compounds which you may already have.

Toothpaste. Hmpf. I do use that on my dive mask as an anti-fog coating. Never thought about using a pumice based toothpaste.

Someone forgot to tell me this would cause me to forget about afternoon coffee
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Greg A Jones View Post
    Someone forgot to tell me this would cause me to forget about afternoon coffee
    True words, Greg, and when you bring your coffee with you it will be filled with delicious wood-curlies.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Good job on all but I really like the Zebra wood stopper, lots of detail. Very cool!

The stoppers are lots of fun and with a torn rotator cuff in my R shoulder, I'm limited to small stuff. Also have lots of my FB friends asking about buying them and the bangles as well. The zebra was only my 5th, so I'm looking forward to what I can do when I figure out what I'm doing.
    Have a hard time lifting and manipulating even 7 or 8 pounds and the pain that shoots through my shoulder when I lean into a roughing gouge........so I can turn and put off (inevitable) surgery. Of course, I tore it this summer cutting up a pecan tree and man handling the 250-300 lb log sections.

Greg, can't see anything wrong with the photo's. Very nice turnings. Been down the R cuff myself. Hope they got it in time to keep from cutting you open. I tried to tough it out and it took lots more therapy and time to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bowman View Post
    Greg, can't see anything wrong with the photo's. Very nice turnings. Been down the R cuff myself. Hope they got it in time to keep from cutting you open. I tried to tough it out and it took lots more therapy and time to get better.
    Thanks. And, no. They want to cut now. Said PT won't help and it's only going to get worse. Will have to be a lot worse before I let 'em cut me.