Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Show me your plywood cutting tables (please)!

I really like these sawhorses. Each leg is adjustable for height and the tops have two slots that will accept a 2x4 on edge. I actually have two sets. The original design (I think it was from Dewalt) were made of aluminum. The current design from Stanley are steel and the legs don't quite spread as far apart as my older ones, but they still work great
    http://www.lowes.com/pd_329700-82673...ses&facetInfo=

2. 102_2643.jpg102_2665.jpg1/2" plywood, half lap joints, packs down flat and I through it in my sheet goods storage when I don't need it. Lately I've been using a sheet of 1/2 MDF for a sacrificial top, but it's not needed.

I just built the Paulk bench w/o the sawhorses. Used Baltic Birch for the top and plain BC bottom and sides/stretchers. Cost $75.00 and took 11 hours.
    Put a vise on it this PM. I built it for cutting down sheets with my tracksaw too. I even built the benches with my tracksaw.

I use any flat surface I have available at the time & 2 pieces of 1 1/2" x 2' x 8' foam insulation.

Quote Originally Posted by matt richardson View Post
    1/2" plywood, half lap joints, packs down flat and I through it in my sheet goods storage when I don't need it. Lately I've been using a sheet of 1/2 MDF for a sacrificial top, but it's not needed.
    For a quick set-up, knock-down system needing minimal storage space, that's excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Kohn View Post
    This is what I did except instead of 2X4's I cut 4 inch high strips of 3/4 plywood. These were then half-lapped to provide the sacrificial surface. It was surprising strong, lightweight, and easy to break down and store. Cheap too!
    I have the same set up as this except I used cedar fence boards for the cross boards. They are cheap and light, easy to store.

I just use an old folding table that the previous owners of my house left in the garage. It's plenty sturdy and I cut right across it when cutting plywood to prevent rip out on the bottom. It's plenty sturdy, i have had 3 sheets of 3/4" ply on it moving them around while doing my layouts. I also use it for my Assembly table.
    ~Everyone has the strength, few possess the will~

Another +1 for the Eurekazone smart table hardware. I consider it to be one of my better purchases over the years. Just attach it to the table top of your choice (fancy or simple), and you have a really functional and adjustable setup for cutting. Mine has cheap banquet table legs and a 3/4" plywood top. I attached 1" x 2" furring strips down both long edges to provide more support to the table top.

Quote Originally Posted by richard poitras View Post
    Plus one for the eureka zone one I have had one for about 15 years they work great and can fold up.

http://www.eurekazone.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1895
    The Eurekazone table top is what I use. Set the 2x4 plywood base on a pair of sawhorses and cut away.

Cliff
    The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
    Charles Bukowski