Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Home Depot discontinuing the Ridgid EB4424 Sander?

Quote Originally Posted by John McClanahan View Post
    $329 on amazon? Wow! HD sells them for $199. Less when on sale.

When are they on sale? I hear this from time to time, but have never seen it on sale at my local HD's. I'd buy one, even at full price, but hate over paying if patience will get me a better deal.

John

I haven't shopped for one, but I think I remember seeing them on sale once at HD for $179. If I didn't already have other sanders, I would own one of these.

John

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post
    When are they on sale? I hear this from time to time, but have never seen it on sale at my local HD's. I'd buy one, even at full price, but hate over paying if patience will get me a better deal.

John
    From the sound of things, if you want one I would go to Home Depot and buy it, process the Lifetime Service Agreement correctly and move on. If the tool is going to disappear, I wouldn't wait for a sale to save $20 on a tool I would expect use for a decade ;-).
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

That would be a shane, I use mine all the time.
    Go Mountianeers

Ridgid still shows it as a current item on the website, and HD shows 25 in stock at locations within 20 miles of Scottsdale. This does not sound like something that is going to be discontinued soon.

If ever discontinued, we should all go together and buy the rights as there is nothing like it.

I bought one of those a couple months ago and really like it. Picked up a huge number of sanding sleeves from a surplus vendor - all Rigid packaged. That lead me to credit the discontinuing rumors I've been hearing.

I've not stalled it out, I have to wonder about that... I have had the sleeves slip a bit, since others have warned not to over tighten the nut I tend to run it as loose as I can without slippage. Worst of the "self tightening" nut problem seems to be while using the belt, not the sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by John Downey View Post
    I bought one of those a couple months ago and really like it. Picked up a huge number of sanding sleeves from a surplus vendor - all Rigid packaged. That lead me to credit the discontinuing rumors I've been hearing.

I've not stalled it out, I have to wonder about that... I have had the sleeves slip a bit, since others have warned not to over tighten the nut I tend to run it as loose as I can without slippage. Worst of the "self tightening" nut problem seems to be while using the belt, not the sleeves.
    I experienced the nut tightening until I included a washer below the nut. It's a different washer from the ones for the spindles because the shaft has to pass through the washer but it is a smaller diameter so that it will fit "inside" the belt "axle". It's really easy to overlook the need for this washer. I don't remember if a washer for that came with the sander or from my shop parts. If I'm not clear enough let me know and I'll measure the one I use.

I work at a HD in Maine. We still carry this sander and no indication that it will be discontinued or marked down!

I was in a HD in NH and they had at least 3 in stock.

CPeter

There are over 20 of them within 15 miles of me according to HD's website. Wish I had the $199 plus tax to spend on it right now.
    ~Garth

FWIW, I have one of these and it works very well. Of course, I would like to own something with the name Progress or Clayton on it but I can't afford the divorce lawyer that would come along with them!

Ron