Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are you watching on Netflix?

Pianomania is brilliant.

We cut the cable a few years ago and there is no decent free TV reception in this area. Stuck to DVDs for a long time, then the local video store closed; around the same time we finally got a faster internet connection. With the new kinda-sorta faster internet connection, and as a result of being TV-deprived for so long, we binged on lots of shows. Found we would watch too much television...currently watching Chuck. It's ok for comedy.

Just caught up to the last 5 seasons of Sons of Anarchy!! Great story. Not for the kids thats for sure.

We haven't got access to Netflix but I am curious as to how the costing works. Are all the above shows included in a basic tariff or do you have to pay extra for any or all?
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

I love this thread! We haven't had cable/reception for 8 or so years so it's DVD and Netflix for us. We haven't watched that much TV in recent years (we have young kids) but we did watch Homeland. I didn't expect it to hold my attention so well.
    I'm now ruined for normal TV: I just can't take the commercials anymore. Watching a show without the commercials is awesome!

Chris, We get one movie at a time and it's $9usd/month. If you're fast on the return you can certainly get your money's worth! There's another price for a streaming + dvd option but I'm not sure how much that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Parks View Post
    We haven't got access to Netflix but I am curious as to how the costing works. Are all the above shows included in a basic tariff or do you have to pay extra for any or all?
    Unlimited streaming is $7.99/month plus tax.
    "Live like no one else, so later, you can LIVE LIKE NO ONE ELSE!"
    - Dave Ramsey

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Wiggins View Post
    Awesome price!!!
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

I've found some amazing foreign films, if you like action.

The Man from Nowhere
    Point Blank
    Oldboy
    Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance
    Elite Squad: Enemy Within
    Vengeance

Hopefully you don't mind subtitles

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Wiggins View Post
    I believe you can stream up to 3 devices at the same time with this price. Meaning that if you have 3 TVs connected to some sort of streaming device, you can watch different shows on all 3 at the same time.
    In addition to 2 TVs connected to Netflix, we have 2 tablets and 2 phones with Netflix app installed. One Saturday afternoon we had 2 grandkids each watching Netflix on a tablet and me watching a show on the living room TV and it didn't skip a beat.

Also, I don't know about the other services, but all the shows on Netflix are commercial free, which cuts the running time of an hour show down to around 43 minutes.
    Last edited by Larry Browning; 01-17-2014 at 1:35 PM.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Gossip Girl
    RobinWright
    The Square(know it from a game forum)

Aw man, Netflix is missing the last season of Foyles War. Not there yet but just learned of this. Bummer.