Quote Originally Posted by David Hall42 View Post
I just acquired a used Craftsman 12" 2-speed band saw, model 113.248510 but it's missing the 2 step pulley that goes on the motor. A replacement pulley is no longer available as far as I can tell. I can fabricate a replacement pulley on my metal lathe but I'll need to know the outside diameters of the two pulley steps. I was wondering, if anyone who has this same saw (or comparable models 113.248320 or 113.248440) can measure the diameters of the two step pulley on the motor and let me know what size they're supposed to be. The pulley in the manual is Key # 39 of figure 3. It is part number 816390 (Pulley, Polyrib 2 Step), not the 1.75" single step pulley that's also indicated in the list with the same Key # but a different part number. I can determine the shaft diameter and rib spacing. All I need is the diameters of the two steps on the drive pulley.

Thanks,
David
Hi David,
I have the same saw that I also recently acquired. My saw was making a bad clunking noise. Upon examination, I found that the motor pulley had been installed without a key in the keyway slot. It had been operated that way and the pulley was badly worn on the inside, the motor shaft was also damaged. Not having access to machine tools I decided to have a machine shop do the repair. It entailed reboring a larger hole in the pulley, truing up the motor shaft and then making a sleeve to fit the two together. I just picked it up yesterday and I can provide you dimensions after I get home tonight. Let me know if you still need them.

Flip