Thread: Recommended Band Saw Tires Source

Recommended Band Saw Tires Source

Last time I had used my band saw I thought the blade had come off (thought perhaps I had taken off the tension and forgotten about it).
    But had opened the doors the other day and found the tire on the upper wheel had broken and wrapped up around the blade and wheel.

Got to looking for replacements and found a company that had good products and reasonable prices.
    Band Saw Tire Warehouse They offer Blue Max Urethane Band Saw tires.

Can say I was very please with the service I got on my order. It arrived in just a few days
    and that's even when they were getting hit with a big snow storm on the East Coast.
    Just gave them the model # and they sent a paypal invoice once they looked up what I needed and got it shipped quickly.
    Good product, good service (hard to find anymore) and quick shipment.

Website is bandsawtireswarehouse.com

http://stores.ebay.com/bandsawtirewarehouse

Phone # is (908) 241-2885

Wish I had the inside skinny on tires. Some say to stay with the original rubber, and some swear by the urethane. Did you
    replace rubber with urethane? What about crowning?
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill White View Post
    Wish I had the inside skinny on tires. Some say to stay with the original rubber, and some swear by the urethane. Did you
    replace rubber with urethane? What about crowning?
    Bill

Bill

Yes, the org equipment tires on my Craftsman 12 inch were rubber. The top one broke on my last use and figured the urethane is what everyone seems to recommend now.
    Installation was not easy but not all that hard. Soaked the tires on the stove in warm to hot water and took them in the pan out to the garage. Only issue is trying to
    hold the wheel still so it's not rotating and ways to clamp the tire to the wheel as you start to work your way around. I used a heat gun once the heat started to come
    off the tires and then clamped it with clamps as I worked my way around with a big screwdriver and then they had sent a small tools (large dowel with a nail covered with plastic) to
    help you rotate them where the crown seemed good. I was please with what the sent me and I believe they also back them for life so no complains.

I'm not expert on them by any means but wanted to provide feedback to a company I was please with they way the do business. Getting to be something hard to find nowdays..

http://www.bandsawparts.com/UltraBlueUrethaneTires.cfm

I've had great results just calling Carter and letting the front desk operator
    guide my choices (not the most expensive, in most cases).

They've got stock, and ship quickly. Maybe they're a little more expensive,
    but that premium gets a solution that works the first time.