Thread: picture on painted brass plate

picture on painted brass plate

Hi all. I have not been on here much lately. Been busy!!!!! Yea! I am having a problem with lasering a picture on a painted brass plate. I have the information from Frank Corker about using contrast/brightness and unsharp mask in converting this. But it is just not coming out very clear. Any suggestions. Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    LaserLectric Engraving
    Indian River, MI

Epilog Helix 60 watt

Pat

If I were doing that picture I would remove the background and possibly do some vector highlighting to the image. This is not an area where I have a lot of experience so take it for what it's worth.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Thank you Mike. My customer wanted to keep the whole look of the boardwalk and water. I will try removing the background and see if that will work for them. Thank you soooo much for the info. I can always count on my friends on the Creek for help
    LaserLectric Engraving
    Indian River, MI

Epilog Helix 60 watt

Pat, you can change the background while still keeping it in there, making the car stand out more. This might help with the definition and contrast. You'd have to isolate the car to mask it, then lighten or darken the whole background using either dodge or burn with a big brush. Do this on a copy, in case you don't like the way it comes out. I hate the way that pole cuts the composition in half... minimizing it would help a lot.

cheers, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

I agree with Dee.. |I would clone the background over that pole to get rid of it, increase the contrast, and put it in a oval vignette..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Having read Dee and Bill's suggestions I guess cropping the image would make good sense as well.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Thank you sooo much everyone. I explained to my customer the difficulties and they have decided just the car alone would be fine. So thank you again. I can always depend on my friends here to stop me from pulling my hair out....
    LaserLectric Engraving
    Indian River, MI

Epilog Helix 60 watt