Thread: Performax 16X32 Belts

Performax 16X32 Belts

The conveyor belt came apart at the seam while the performax was in storage. I went to the Jet parts site and they are out of the conveyor belts. I ordered one from tool mart and while they used the 3m brand paper, same as the OEM, it was much thinner and looks like it will not last long. They don't charge what Jet charges so I guess its a wash. Does anyone know where I can find an OEM type belt?
    Dennis

2-3 months ago, Woodcraft here had both the 3M and the original type in the store for both the 16-32 and the 10-20. They were both the same price in the 10-20 size, but don't remember on the 16-32. I did buy a belt for my 10-20, and not the 3M for the same reason you stated.

Industrial Abrasive made me belts for my Grizzly 18/36 for 1/2 the cost of Grizzly

Having no choice, since I lost my conveyor belt in the midst of a project, I have the 3M on my 16-32. Seems to work, but it does seem much flimsier than the stock belt. Time will tell if it lasts as long. According to the Jet guys, the thinner conveyor paper allows sanding even thinner than before. It does seem to lie flatter than the thicker belt, if that makes any sense. Maybe I should buy a stock belt too.......

Klingspor has them. I'm sure it's probably their own brand, but from my experience, there's nothing wrong with that.

http://www.woodworkingshop.com/searc...um+sander+belt

Quote Originally Posted by ken masoumi View Post
    The description says they are rubber, I'm going to have to give that a try. It seems like it would be an improvement over the paper ones.
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis McDonaugh View Post
    The description says they are rubber, I'm going to have to give that a try. It seems like it would be an improvement over the paper ones.
    I have heard that too,if you need a new belt it will be a perfect time to upgrade to a rubber belt.

I have a supermax sander, I got an original equipment belt from them and it fixed a lot of tracking issues. They have parts for performax also. Small company, very helpful: 888 454 3401

I think I got one from highland woodworking (not positive) a few years back. It was half the price of the JET one but was shorter on one side than the other so I have an unfixable bubble in one side. This is not due to the tensioning, it won't track correctly if I remove the bubble. It works okay but it is annoying and I can't sand less than about 3/16" thick now without it rubbing. Next time I will buy name brand.