Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need Advice on Band saw purchase: Grizzly GO513X2 vs. the new Laguna 1412

Thanks, Charles. I've that Grizzly's BS comparison chart up on my screen a number of times trying to ID the different features that will make a difference for my intended purposes. (separate models just for the sake of a color change is a bit too much IMO). Cast iron wheels and trunions, along with the 'better' bearings were my starting point but I'll go back and check out the fences.
    And your point about the same factory churning out nearly the same saws except for color and pricing is definitely on my mind.

Scott, I've read a number of times Laguna had fixed their CS issues. Are you speaking about a current issue or was this in the past?

Edit: just read the reply's to Scott's post about the CS issues. That was pretty much what I had found too, so I'm expecting these issues were remedied. Hard to imagine they would not have been, given the competitive market and internet forums.
    Last edited by Patrick Curry; 02-15-2014 at 2:05 PM.

3. Patrick Grizzly consistently told me that they will not discount an order below $5,000. I have had orders over $4,000 and they would not budge on this policy. They should be doling out some spring 10% off your entire order coupons sometime soon, I got one last year about this time.

4. Quote Originally Posted by John Coloccia View Post
    The pin is tapered, so you can file the hole to open it up a bit, and put it where it belongs. The pin just goes in a touch further, that's all. So in my case, I filed the bottom of the outfeed hole, and the top of the infeed hole. When you shove in the pin, the infeed side comes down a touch and the outfeed side goes up a touch. It doesn't take much.
    Thanks John that sounds a lot simpler than what I was thinking.