Thread: HVLP gun and remote cup

HVLP gun and remote cup

I picked up a 1.0 mm tip HVLP gun and 2 quart remote cup to replace my 10 year old plastic Wagner Fine Coat HVLP turbine set up. Since I have a compressor, this inexpensive tiwan made gun really works well, and was on sale at $139 CDN ,$40 off . I have only tried it on scraps, and it delivers the lacquer with a nice fan spray, and it sprays the ML Campbell pre cat lacquer right from the can. Hardly any overspray at all. With the Wagner I had to thin 10-20% to prevent orange peel so this will mean a lot less vapours to exhaust from the shop. I was just at the local yearly Wood Show , looking at HVLP turbine setups but they were $1000+. I spray less than 10 gal. a year so this fits my hobby shop budget quite well. I bought it from Princess Auto in Canada, sort of like a Harbour Freight chain. Pic of the old and the new sprayers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice. Glad it's working out for you.

I also recently aquired a remote pot setup and am looking forward to the flexibliity it will give me, especially in "tight quarters".
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Man, I sure could use that about now!!!!!!! Congrats on your new purchase.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.