Thread: Fiddle Maple #3

Fiddle Maple #3

This one is 7 1/2" across the rim and almost 3" high. It has an undercut rim cut with a swept back 1/2" spindle gouge using mostly pull cuts. The beads and coves are turned using a 3/8" deep flute spindle gouge. I give it two coats of Formby's Tung oil. After drying overnight I rub it out with #0000 steel wool. This process gives a very smooth surface to spray two coats of Mohawk gloss lacquer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Member Illiana Woodturners

That is absolutely beautiful in every respect!!

3. What a beauty, Bob! This form is very well done, and of course the wood........it has it all.......lots of chatoyance and figure.........your work made the best of it for sure...............Nice!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

The Mohawk gloss lacquer gave that glitter? It looks great

5. Bob, you have found some of the most beautitul wood I have ever seen and your turning skills in showing it off are outstanding.

she's a beauty!
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

The wood looks beautiful. You did a an incredible job on turning , sanding and finishuing.