Thread: Flame Out! Pedestal Bowl

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I like the little bit of bark showing. It shows that you got all you could out of the piece and knew when to stop. Nice piece. It will look good as a display piece, and the bark can be rotated out of view if desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Canfield View Post
    I like the little bit of bark showing. It shows that you got all you could out of the piece and knew when to stop. Nice piece. It will look good as a display piece, and the bark can be rotated out of view if desired.
    Thanks much, Thomas!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Incredible color. Reminds me of Jupiter's Great Red Spot. Love it and hope the color doesn't fade too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by David Reed View Post
    Incredible color. Reminds me of Jupiter's Great Red Spot. Love it and hope the color doesn't fade too quickly.
    Thanks David........I have had fairly good luck with box elder keeping its color. I have two pieces that have faded just a little, but have retained most of the red.......just not as vibrant or bold........I suspect in time it will go brown, however.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Beautiful wood and you showed it off in a very nice way. Sunlight seems to fade the red, so keep it away from windows.