Thread: Cannot find Cabot Australian Timber Oil

Cannot find Cabot Australian Timber Oil

I have used Cabot's Australian Timber Oil for years now... I use it on a few patio benches and a play center. I can no longer find it here in Columbus Ohio; Lowes used to carry it. Any thoughts on a replacement that i can probably find here in Columbus Ohio. I can have a gallon delivered for $50.63 it seems.

Should I just mix my own "penetrating oil" (or what ever you call this stuff)... Would not know where to start with that.

Should I just use a Danish oil or similar?

Had the same issue with their Mahogany Flame color. Lowes dropped Cabot a year or so ago. Most of the smaller paint supply stores had a hard time keeping it in stock when Lowes was in the picture. Seems Valspar was difficult to work with.
    That being said, you can still get it at some local paint supply stores. You may have to have them order it for you. Call and see what they have in stock. You can find some of the dealers on the Cabot website, however, many of the ones listed on their site no longer carry the line. I had to call a few place until I got one in my area that still carried it.
    I looked into online ordering, but the shipping was way too expensive. Finally called around locally and found a source. Good luck in your search.

Maybe you checked this out already. Cabot's website shows that some other local hardware stores carry their products like Roush Hardware, Carter Lumber, Beechwald Ace, Zettler, some others. Menard's is showing they have it in store.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Sadly no, I was not aware that Menards carried it. I did check a few other places with no luck. Thanks for heads-up on that; The Lewis Center store is just up the road from me (I am just inside the 270 loop on the North side). Thanks.