Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange Dots outside of engraving area

Strange Dots outside of engraving area

Hey Everyone. Over the past few days I've noticed some strange small dots outside of the engraving area on all of my projects. They seem to be random, but are becoming more frequent. Not sure if anyone can shed any light on the issue. I've tried all the normal stuff, checking belts, cleaning the lens, backlash compensation etc. to no avail.
    IMG_1490.jpgIMG_1491.jpg
    Legacy lasers 1100 series 80 wattTrotec 25 watt speedy 1 (10 years old)2 champion 1900 table engravers.UScutter 24" Laser plotter

Loose trigger wire or a cap is breaking down, the fact they are random rules out drawing issues so I'd be checking the control card wires to make sure there are no loose connections first.

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    Loose trigger wire or a cap is breaking down, the fact they are random rules out drawing issues so I'd be checking the control card wires to make sure there are no loose connections first.

cheers

Dave
    Thanks for the info dave. I'm assuming by cap you mean capacitor? Also, I'm running a chinese engraver, similar to rabbit models. Would the rigger wire be on the tube itself?
    Legacy lasers 1100 series 80 wattTrotec 25 watt speedy 1 (10 years old)2 champion 1900 table engravers.UScutter 24" Laser plotter

Nope, trigger wire connects to the High Voltage PSU usually via a small screwed fitting at both ends, if one wire has come lose then I'd suspect others may well do too, probably a good idea to check all of them while you are inside the cabinet.

Cap = Capacitor, possible cause but unlikely

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

Thanks,
    I'll give it a look see and report back later today

I checked everything and there don't seem to be any loose wires. I tightened everything just to make sure though and the problem is still there

On to the next possibles then

Take the lens tube out and clean BOTH sides of the final lens.

If that doesnt work we can work through the list of cheap free possible problems first

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

How old is the tube?
    Epilog 40W Mini24, Corel X8 (64-bit), and two big fire extinguishers.

Does that Chinese thing have anything resembling a tickle setting?
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

No they don't Kev, while RECI and EFR tubes do have a 4mA tickle current function available it's turned off in the software

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

It's an 80 watt reci tube. It's got about 3 years on it

On to the next possibles then

Take the lens tube out and clean BOTH sides of the final lens.

If that doesnt work we can work through the list of cheap free possible problems first

cheers

Dave
    Just thoroughly cleaned the lens, Still making the dots

Lemme have a look through my notes Dan and I'll see what else pops up have some other free possibilities in mind but will PM them to you as it involves fiddling with the electrical side of things and not always the best thing to post on a public forum (end user technical knowledge etc etc)

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

I have had the same problem, to a lesser extent, when engraving at high power and higher speeds. Slowing down and using lower power was the cure.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

... RECI and EFR tubes do have a 4mA tickle current function available it's turned off in the software
    Could you elaborate a bit?
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408