Thread: Vector from bmp or jpg

Vector from bmp or jpg

Does any one know where I can find a video showing how to create a vector file from

a bmp or jpg file using Corel?

Thanks,
    Gary

What software are you using?

There are a few options...
    You can hand draw everything - very time consuming, but often the best results
    Use a program such as Vector Magic which works pretty well.
    Use the native inside Illustrator or Corel - I use Illustrator and its called image trace.

What are you trying to convert?
    Jit Patel
    London UK

30w Trotec Speedmarker CL (Galvo) with 400mm & 250mm lens
    80w Trotec Speedy 400 with Rotary, Vacuum Table, Cutting Lamellas, 2" & 1.5" lens, Pass through
    Oki Printing Press
    Abobe Creative Suite - Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
    Vector Magic

Hire an Illustrator to do it for you for $5 at www.fiverr.com.
    Trotec Speed 400 120W | JobControl 10.6 | Atmos Duo | Adobe Illustrator CC | CorelDraw X8

Depending on the bitmap, conversion can be either dead easy or incredibly frustrating.

I'm not sure that a video will help you much - you will learn a lot more by trying an actual bitmap that you want to convert.

Select the bitmap and then click on "Trace Bitmap" in the bar above and play with all the settings to see what they actually do.

In general I find that I want more "Detail" and less "Smoothing" than the Corel default settings.
    In general, anything extracted from a web page will not trace well - too low resolution and too much anti-aliasing : in this case use the bitmap as a template to draw over.

The tracing function in Corel X5 or 6 is pretty good. Earlier versions less so. Vector Magic and similar programs do sometimes make a better job of it, but you loose the convenience of having everything in one program.
    Epilog Legend 32EX 60W

Precision Prototypes, Romsey, UK

Gary

go to you tube and key in the name of Alex Galvez. He does some of the best Corel tutorials I have seen and he covers almost everything.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7