Thread: Looking for dust covers for Jointer and bandsaw

Looking for dust covers for Jointer and bandsaw

We don't get a lot of rain here in Phoenix, but we get some. With the layout of my tools, I get water dripping from the garage door onto my 8" jointer and my bandsaw. I've been using tarps to cover them, but I'd like to find a more fitted cover. Any suggestions?

Thanks

HTC makes a cover that is water-resistant, but not waterproof so they can breathe. Kinda like a wind breaker.

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/143...-72-x-112.aspx

Don't know if it rains that much in Ariz but if it was me I just go down and buy the very thin plastic sheets that painters use to cover up windows etc when spraying paint.Its thin/cheap.And its also made in thicker sheets such as 6mil.Just an ideal

I have been using a HTC covers for 10 years and have had excellent sucess with them They are however as Keith states

...... water-resistant, but not waterproof so they can breathe

so you will need to ressolve the dripping water first

but in terms of preventing the formation of rust I have found them to be well worth the money

to save money further you could consider purchasing a larger HTC cover and cutting it into two pieces if appropriate

I only cover the table of my band saw with a piece of HTC cover cut from a larger sheeet and that has worked fine

regards Brian