Thread: Build thread - Mahogany, Birdseye Maple, Padauk

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan Patton View Post
    Great project. Thanks for documenting and sharing!
    My pleasure, Evan. It was a fun project!

And testing the latch once it was mounted (I just had Sandy open and close the door to within an inch or so to see if the magnet would pull it shut softly - it did)

So here's the finished cabinet mounted in our closet. The lighting isn't great so the first shot is without flash and the next two are with flash. You can also see the caps of Mahogany I placed in front of the mounting screws in each corner (didn't want screws showing but wanted this securely fastened, so no hangers). The only adhesive used is Titebond 1 for the miters and a few spots of Epoxy for the back, Padauk, and necklace hangers. The verticals and shelves are free floating although they fit nicely and don't move around (see the video above).
    Finished, mounted 1.jpg

Finished, mounted 2.jpg

Finished, mounted 3.jpg

I hope you enjoyed this build thread. It was fun to take my design all the way through to completion and to see how much she liked it. Start to finish was about 10 days so that wasn't too bad, especially since it was a surprise and there were times when I had to work on other things so she didn't see it.

Thanks for following along!
    David
    David
    CurlyWoodShop on Etsy, David Falkner on YouTube, difalkner on Instagram

Nice project ! Good design and use of woods !!