Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: North American vs Euro TS Fences and Safety

Dave,
    Ok I see one picture is on the SCM. Where did you get the crosscut and rip fence for the Whitney?
    Joe

Joe, I have sets for both SCMI and Knapp. They are in different buildings and IDSCN2893.jpgDSCN2894.jpgDSCN2892.jpg traded Mac for some machine parts for one set. I got the better deal. I added the bar on the Whitney rip fence to fit either the Unifence or Ttrackusa knockoff. As to miter gauges, both the Whitney and Tannewitz are interchangeable and i have some of both. I have a storage unit for the base on the Whitney but take the head off another machine for use. Mac has made me various size t nuts to fit SCMI, Knapp, Felder, and Whitney so i have some flexibility. DSCN2891.jpg Dave

Jack, I am disappointed to see that you did not clock the screws on the brass trim of your crosscut fence. It is sad to see the old standards slip away.

Thanks for the Pickles video. I think I will stick to the bandsaw for ripping rough stock like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Calhoon View Post
    ...Fritz & Franz and the Airtight clamps...
    This sounds to me like it ought to be the name of a band.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Aspö View Post
    This sounds to me like it ought to be the name of a band.
    Awesome, whose on lead guitar?
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

Quote Originally Posted by David Kumm View Post
    Joe, I have sets for both SCMI and Knapp. They are in different buildings and IDSCN2893.jpgDSCN2894.jpgDSCN2892.jpg traded Mac for some machine parts for one set. I got the better deal. I added the bar on the Whitney rip fence to fit either the Unifence or Ttrackusa knockoff. As to miter gauges, both the Whitney and Tannewitz are interchangeable and i have some of both. I have a storage unit for the base on the Whitney but take the head off another machine for use. Mac has made me various size t nuts to fit SCMI, Knapp, Felder, and Whitney so i have some flexibility. DSCN2891.jpg Dave
    David, I have a Minimax CU300 smart and needed a new saw fence as the one that came with mine (bought used) had a belly. Tried to order a replacement from Minimax, but they keep sending me a shorter one.

I am interested to find out if the Unisaw / Ttrackusa fits the SCMI fence head without any modifications or if you had to make any modifications, some details on that so I can try that myself.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Parks View Post
    Awesome, whose on lead guitar?
    Martin, obviously :-)