Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone put a Hour Meter on any of their equipment??

Anyone put a Hour Meter on any of their equipment??

Just wondering if anyone else has put a hour meter on any of their machines? I just added one on my planer to monitor time for maintenance reasons. (I am not very good at remembering to oil things like that). This is more me being curious what others have done.

Where did you get the hour meter? I could see it as being extremely useful as a reminder on when to change filters and such.

Steve

Amazon has several hour meters that will run on household current.
    ~Garth

No, I don't want to be reminded of how little I actually get to use my machines.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Rozmiarek View Post
    No, I don't want to be reminded of how little I actually get to use my machines.
    I sympathize...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

I have hour meters on most of my equipment that has lubrication reservoirs (engine powered equipment, air compressor, etc).

I got it from Amazon. The one I got will take 120-240 vac. It was like $11. I did have to wait 4 weeks or so as it came from overseas.

I put one on my motorcycle. You can see it right in front of the ignition switch.

Do or do not, there is no try.

I'm not a motorcycle guy Dennis, but even I can see that you have an interesting machine there. Tell us about it?

I put one on my Grizzly planer on the electrical box.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like a 4 cylinder car engine on that beast. Interesting.

The leading link front enddown tubes are from a 1962 HD FLH.I bent them and welded on the pivot points, then made up the links out of aluminumbar stock. The fender is HD as is the wheel. The triple trees are 1" platecut to fit. The head light is from a mid 50s Mac truck and the spot lights are industrialwork lights.

The gas tank is from a Farmall "A" tractor with a tunnel cut in tofit over the back bone. The instrument panel is made from diamond plate andhave an oil temp, oil pressure, hydraulic temp, and water temp gauge, as wellas the key switch. The handle bars are 1 and 3/4 inch bent tubing and theraisers are big nuts bored out to fit the bars. All hand controls are HD aftermarket. The gauge on the bars is the hydraulic pressure gauge.

The rear fender is a trailer fender with diamond plate sides screwed on. Thetail light is a front turn signal from a mid 40s school bus. The red Jerry canshave the tops cut and hinged and are saddle bags. The rack is from a 50sCushman scooter. The stainless tanks are the Hydraulic reservoirs. The seat isfrom an old tractor.

The engine is a Continental Y112 out of a fork truck driving a hydraulic pumpwhich drives a hydraulic motor on the swing arm which drives a chain to theback wheel....which is a Mickey Thompson car rim with a split hub. The tire isa 230mm. the floor boards are the steps from an old slide and they are cast andread "AMERICAN". The frame is all 4130 chrome molly tubing and wieldablehigh pressure joint fittings.
    Do or do not, there is no try.

lol That is the exact location that I installed mine at. Looks the same also.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Weber View Post
    lol That is the exact location that I installed mine at. Looks the same also.
    I might have ripped you off! I looked at some threads and pictures on here before I did mine a few years ago.

Nope, I apparently ripped you off, as I just installed mine a week ago. lol