Thread: Bessey K Body clamps?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    One person replaced the old style wooden handles with the new Revo style:

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Damon View Post
    First option:

The original Bessey K-bodies had handles that were pressed into a washer/socket that was never meant to be replacable. If you want to try some surgery (I will try it on one my old ones next weekend) and grind around the top of the washer so that the handle will pop out then you should be able to just replace it with a Bessey 3101370 ($12.99) handle that is what is on the newer K-Body clamps.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Damon View Post
    Just following up my earlier post. Yes you can replace the older wood handles with the newer ones, but it is probably more work than necessary. I took a small grinder to one of my older k-bodys and removed enough material around the inner socket washer and the old handle comes out. It took a while, but it came out. The new and old handles have the same exact threads. The difference between the two is the older k-body has a compression fit socket holding the ball on the end of the threaded handle and the newer ones have a more open socket with a inner retaining ring, that allows the hand to be removed easily.

Last edited by Harvey Miller; 04-05-2015 at 11:12 AM.