Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm a bad boy.....

I'm a bad boy.....

Went in to the office this morning at my ususal time and about 2 hours later I just could not stand it anymore. Forcast 82* here in Atlanta today so I informed my secretary that I was leaving for the day to do some future planning.

What I failed to mention was the planning was going to be in my shop

Feel like a kid playing hooky from school and keep waiting for the truent officer to show up on the door step

Saw dust is fixin to fly. Best wishes for a great day to everyone.

Good for you Bob, enjoy the day off.

I think I may be haveing eye problems Friday, Just can't see going to work
    Ray Morningside

You only have to duck the truant officer for another hour or two, and your safe.

My old supervisor used to call your condition, "Optical Rectalitus" (Can't see dragging your buns to work).

Have fun with the day.

Way to go Bob! I did the same thing about 6 mo. ago and haven't gone back yet ! (or ever for that matter!)
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

6. Great day today

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Noles
    Went in to the office this morning at my ususal time and about 2 hours later I just could not stand it anymore. Forcast 82* here in Atlanta today so I informed my secretary that I was leaving for the day to do some future planning.

What I failed to mention was the planning was going to be in my shop

Feel like a kid playing hooky from school and keep waiting for the truent officer to show up on the door step

Saw dust is fixin to fly. Best wishes for a great day to everyone.
    I'm also in Atlanta, I can't believe this is November.

I actually ate lunch outside today with my coworkers. definitely should have taken the day off.....for a ......continuous pain in my back...yeah, that's it.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Kinda did the same thing..... Had all the fun I could stand!
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Thanks for rubbing it in while I sit here cooped up in my office! Here in Denver it is 75 and blue skies. Makes me want to cry..
    "Don't call me a Perfectionist, that's not quite the right word."

Those of you who have a job to play hooky from, be thankful. I've been out of work since June, and things are not looking terribly hopeful at the moment. I don't mind not working, but I sure miss the income . . .

I have two PTO (Paid Time Off) days left this year and they are burning a hole in my pocket so to speak LOL
    Hello, My name is John and I am a toolaholic

Well I took a long lunch today so I could do some lumber shopping. I scored 13 bd.ft. of 8/4 maple 10" wide for $75. Now reading your post I'm thinking that I may need to knock off early so I can get started on my next project.

I took a two hour lunch here in Atlanta also. Ate outside. Maybe you were at the table next to me Wallace.

It's a shame to be inside on a day like this....
    Tom

Measure twice, ensure your measuring the right board three times, cut once.

End of the Oregon Trail in Oregon City, Oregon
    My brother's there in Atlanta, too. With this kind of weather he's probably not in his shop, but out for a drive in the Corvette. Me? Here in Portland, Oregon, I had to scrape off the first ice from the windshield this morning. I've got a three-day weekend coming up, but I'll have to fire up the heater for the shop. But I like the cooler weather for shop time. ANY weather is good weather for being in the shop!

Yep, today was largely a hooky day. Went to a tool auction and scored an 1960's vintage Delta drill press, foot actuated, variable speed (2 ranges), 15", very clean, and pretty heavy. 6" throw. 3 phase. I know that this does not count as there are no pix. Oh well.
    Alan Turner
    Philadelphia Furniture Workshop

I played golf!!! (the other slippery slope.......)