Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some help Identifying my Delta Rockwell shaper

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cutler View Post
    Eric

I misunderstood you earlier about the pulley arrangement.
    On a 43-375 there are two sheaves on the motor pulley, and two on the spindle pulley. There are definitely double sheave pulleys out there, you would just need to make sure it was compatible with your motor shaft.
    If you only have one pulley on your motor and two on the spindle, then when you change speeds you will need to adjust spindle sleeve height to align it. Look for a bolt on the side of the casting that the spindle is in. if it's there you would loosen it, align the belt and then retighten it.

Right now I can't measure the sheaves on the spindle pulley on my machine. I had shoulder surgery last week, so my right arm is a little "limited" at this time, so I can't get in side the enclosure.
    Mike, thanks, I totally understand, I am finally back on my feet after sinus surgery a couple weeks ago...
    Just back from the shop, not seeing any bolt other than what looks like a compression bolt around the spindle housing (?) on the ereplacements link you gave me looks to be bolt id #23, that is the only bolt I see. Is that the one your referring to? My motor shaft size is a 3/4", I've looked around and most list a 7/8" shaft size. no biggie, I just need to find the right pulley.
    Maybe someone else can chime in about the motor pulley sheave and either circumference or diameter for their two speed motor pulley sheave?
    Thanks
    Eric

I don't have access to mine so I can't compare but mine is a '47 and it has all those holes in it, going by memory. I do have an original manual for it but you can download one from vintage machinery.

Quote Originally Posted by mark kosse View Post
    I don't have access to mine so I can't compare but mine is a '47 and it has all those holes in it, going by memory. I do have an original manual for it but you can download one from vintage machinery.
    and what model is yours Mark?
    Is yours a two speed?

Eric, your sure taxing my memory and my not so favorite uncle did enough of that today. I think it is a 43-205. It a ffs(four foot shaper) that's been in restoration mode for a year. A shaper wasn't real high on my list. The tag is packed away until the cabinet is finished but I could look this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by mark kosse View Post
    Eric, your sure taxing my memory and my not so favorite uncle did enough of that today. I think it is a 43-205. It a ffs(four foot shaper) that's been in restoration mode for a year. A shaper wasn't real high on my list. The tag is packed away until the cabinet is finished but I could look this weekend.
    Thanks Mark, as you seen in my previous comments, the only tag I have is actually on the table top it self, and nothing on the cabinet.