Thread: Green stuff on battery/terminal

Green stuff on battery/terminal

What is the best way to get that green stuff off battery terminals?

What is it, and is there something to protect from forming again. Thanks
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

You can probably wire brush it off. I've used baking soda desolved in water. Pour it on carefully and wait for the reaction to stop. Rinse and repeat. Don't let any of the solution get into the batteries cells. Messy. I've used the little felt terminal rings that go on the terminals and they seem to work pretty well.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Oops

These two things are household cheapo clocks with AA batteries. Same deal probably.
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

Clock Movement #12888?

This is a follow up to the prior battery question.

The movement is bad. The numbers on the back of it are, after, of course, Made in China, "12888"

Do I simply get a similar looking movement that has those numbers and replace. Normally, I use Amazon. Anybody know for sure? They're at most $10.
    David

Would have been nice to put this in the original thread. So, where the heck is it?

It is now part of the original thread.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 05-31-2015 at 4:50 PM.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I've always used baking soda& water too, after that a light coating of petroleum jelly
    J Load

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    Would have been nice to put this in the original thread. So, where the heck is it?
    Sorry!

"Green stuff on battery terminals"
    David