Thread: Trotec Laser Job Control Software

Trotec Laser Job Control Software

I'm hoping I'm in the correct forum as this is my first time being in a forum. I am having an issue with my laser identifying a specific color for cutting. I use the Trotec color pallet RED for cutting and BLUE for scoring. No matter what color is used, anything in the middle of the image/job does NOT register/recognized by the laser and is not processed. I had no problem the other day and have tried old jobs that did work, do not now. If anyone can help me, I would so very much appreciate it as this is quite frustrating and I'm burning daylight. Thanks for your help.

Chris

Welcome to SMC. I don't know that I can offer much other than a review of the basics. The cut line/score line has to be set to "hairline". The colors have to match the Trotec pallet and the color options have to be set correctly---cut, engrave, skip.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Chris, is the process option for halftone set to color, or something else? If you are using blue, that needs to be on color.

Screen Shot 2015-07-12 at 9.02.14 AM.png
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

This is unlikely the issue but worth a check... Double check that material has the color set if someone accidently turned off the color for that material or you are using a new material setting that could be the issue.

Might upgrade job control if all else fails we had some issues with an older version immediatly after we updated our adobe illustrator. It broke some things in job control and it started behaving oddly. Once we updated jc all was good again.
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)

There is also a known bug in 10.4 when using vector optimizing that will skip random items. It only shows up if you are using that feature. Are you using that feature?
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

You say the old jobs do not work? Are those old taken from job control browser or are you sending to print old files? Check your Color Management in corel draw.

I had problem where job control ignored red lines. The problem was color settings in corel X3. Apparently there is keyboard shortcut for changing color mode in corel draw. I had to go in tools-Color Management and from drop down menu to select Color Management off and it worked fine
    I have no idea how did the color management changed during the day.
    Trotec Speedy 300
    Trotec Speedy 400