Thread: Sign-in Staion Height

Question Sign-in Staion Height

I need to design a sign-in station at a rec center. How tall should it be? The people signing in would be standing while the managers would be sitting [on tall stools?]. I also want mount this unit on 4" rollers so it can be rolled into stoage during the off-season.
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

My Two Cents...

Hi Byron,

I think 42" to the wrighting surface would be a good height. I have a 42" hi wall hung "bench" that I stand at to do my project design. I have a "draftsman" stool that I sometims sit in to do the project design on the same surface. The 42" height seems to be a good compromise and works equally well whether standing or sitting on the stool.

Be sure to post pics, sounds like a fun project.
    Dave Anderson, SoCal - Work Safely!

Thumbs up

Thanks Dave. I think 42" sound about right to me also. I will post some pics though this project is off in the horizon for now. I'm just going to get some drawings together for the customer.
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

Quote Originally Posted by Byron Trantham
    Thanks Dave. I think 42" sound about right to me also. I will post some pics though this project is off in the horizon for now. I'm just going to get some drawings together for the customer.
    I guess I don't really need to reply, since you've already gotten the dimension, but just to help confirm it......

I built this reception center about five years ago, based on dimensions given to me by the architect that was responsible for our campus renovation/building program going on at the time.

The counter height is 42" and I have never heard any complaints about it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's a vintage trailer thing. If ya gotta ask, ya won't understand.

Seems like 42" is the popular answer...but just to throw a wrench in the works, I'm building a brochure display thingy that sure sounds like a deposit/withdrawal/form filling out counter for a bank project...and when I wanted to verify the height they walked to the other room to measure one in the lobby and said, "39". That 'feels' low to me, but I had to chime in...

KC