Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introduction and shop pics.

Introduction and shop pics.

Been lurking about here for a little while, since hearing about this site from another site I go to. Been meaning to intro but been busyier than a 3 #^! billygoat in the spring. I like it here, most everybody posts good knowledgeable advice, and I've seen pics. of some very fine work.
    About me: I spent the first half of working life with an auto repair shop in Del. as well as a spare time buss. as a general contractor, with my brother, doing some custom homes, and spec. homes. Moved to Fl. in 86 and decided to join the carpenters union and do commerical work. In the 90's when that was a bit slow, I started doing serious high end architectural millwork and woodworking in an area with the high dollar estates. Drifted back to union work for a few years, when work slowed down again,I decided that it would be better financialy to get into a specality that everybody didn't do, so I went to work for a large stair company picking some of the tricks of doing custom stairs. And for the past few years as both a subcontractor for another stair co, and a couple contractors, plus some contracting some stair work through my co.
    Along the way I also had a 1250 s.ft. woodworking shop in an industrial park for 9 years, full time for 2 years then as a parttime side bussiness. When I built my home in 2001 I designed a slightly larger garage then what is locally standard, and moved my stuff to it ( needed to save the $650 shop rent for the mortage).
    These are unusual pics., as I got tired of the mess one day and moved all that would roll or lift, out to the driveway and got really anal in the cleaning mode, even scrubbing the floor. Then left the 2 wheeled urban tranportation vechicles and that yard maintance crap ( that robs your time of the persuit of fun ) out in the drive to snap some pics. Been at this for quite a while, started buying shop tools and equiptment in 69.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Having a problem with how many at one time
    Last edited by Roger Everett; 11-20-2005 at 8:28 AM.

Welcome Roger. Nice shop. You know I would love to see some of your stair work.

Richard

If I can get this to work, here is one, but it was a sub job and not my design , and not really a special one. Have some of my own designs, but still need to move or download and move. Time I have for that is covered under that billgoat theory. Already running 2 1/2 hours late on things to do today " work " is a 4 letter word for a reason.
    Roger
    Last edited by Roger Everett; 11-20-2005 at 8:43 AM.

Hi Rodger,

Great looking shop! I like your painted floor. I just put down epoxy paint in one room of my shop and all of the garage area of my basement and really like it. Welcome to the creek!

Hi Roger,

Welcome. I'm actually newer than you. I'm going to post some shop pics too as soon as I can find enough inspiration to truly clean my shop.

Neil

"What do you mean my birth certificate's expired?!"

Nice work. Looks like a nice job on all the fittings.

Richard

Always wanted a shop floor in Delta Gray. It's 2 coats of 1 part epoxy. Only one problem, being in Fla., where standard casual footwear is flip flops, when you walk in from out side after a rain, you have 1 millie-second to remember how to ice skate, and at 60 I need a 1/2 hour for everything.

9. Welcome Roger, thanks for your contribution to this great forum. Nice shop and excellent work.

Welcome Roger. Nice looking shop and excellent work.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

welcome, and nice work! tod

Beautiful shop! and Welcome!!!
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Everett
    If I can get this to work, here is one, but it was a sub job and not my design , and not really a special one. Have some of my own designs, but still need to move or download and move. Time I have for that is covered under that billgoat theory. Already running 2 1/2 hours late on things to do today " work " is a 4 letter word for a reason.
    Roger
    Roger, you da man... Nice shop and equipment. I'm interested in seeing what custom furniture projects and cabinetry you're working on. As far as stairwork, I have the highest respect for good stair guys. Having done a lot of coped crown mouldings and trimwork, the stair guys have an expertise in dealing with funky corners, odd workarounds and so forth that I'd like to learn.

Well organized shop! Welcome to the Creek Roger!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Welcome Roger. Fine place to hang out here. The stairs are nice but you need to do some work in that shop. I will probably uncover several tools if I ever get around to cleaning up.
    Just keep working on it. It'll give up and do right after a while.