Well thank you both for the responses, and I felt I should follow up on my observations. After work I had a short bit to pull it out of the Evapo-Rust, assemble, sharpen and fettle it for a little bit. I have determined the following:

1) Despite what the market prices and the reputation these planes engender, I did not have a beam of heavenly light descend into my garage with Henry Stanley and I re-enacting Michaelangelo's "The Creation of Adam" or that scene from "ET".

2. I am now the caretaker and user of a Sharp Plane that is on or about a century old, who some guy with the Initials "D.C." also took care of and used (much to the chagrin of his jealous co-workers, who's beady, coveting eyes drove him to carve his initials into this plane).

3. It does things that Sharp Planes do of its size, i.e. make wood smooth and shiny.

4. I am not skilled enough, nor have I had enough time to fully quantify it, But I do detect a SLIGHT difference in the feed back and friction. However this is my first plane with a corrugated bottom which, for all I know, may be the reason.

5. I will continue to take care of and use said plane, and it now sits among its brethren, other tools that make wood smooth, shiny and flat. Another smoother is never a bad thing, they are horribly useful and utilitarian. My children will have to figure out the next caretaker and user of this tool (hopefully one of them) when they put me into a wooden (and hopefully not pocket-holed together) box.

6. BLO and some Bee's Wax are the "Botox" of old tools.

Have a Good'Un
-Josh