Many Congrats Kent.!!!!!

You're really gonna love that lathe!!!!!!

Once you get it in your shop, it will have a double-layered cardboard box over the top of it. Take that off. It will slip off over the lathe if you have the headroom in your shop. If not, just use a utility knife to cut the box from around the lathe.
Next, use a wrench and take the 4 mounting bolts out, one on each leg of the lathe through to the pallet. Once that is done? You and one more person with some strength can easily slide it off the pallet. NOT to the side of the pallet as the lathe will tilt and have a tendency to tip over on you and your helper..!!!! BUT...to the headstock end of the pallet. This will keep the lathe in it's most upright position and will be a LOT easier to control while moving it off of the pallet. You won't have to remove the head and tail stock, but you can leave them on for this process. As long as the lathe is "upright" and moving towards the end of the pallet, it is managable without a whole lot of effort. A 3rd person would be very handy to help steady the lathe and once the headstock end of the lathe is on the floor? The third person can simply pull the pallet out from under the tailstock end of the lathe while the two of you hold up the tailstock end and then you can easily set it on the floor.

To install the feet? Do it one end of the lathe at a time. I used a car jack, the rolling floor jack kind to lift one end, put the feet on the lathe and lower slowly back down. Move the floor jack to the other end, jack it up just enough to get the feet on the other end and lower back to the floor.

Now....here's a trick I learned about moving my 710 pound lathe about the shop to get it in position. Use a good 2 by 10 board cut to the length to fit under the cast iron "angles" on each leg set. Caution!!!! This will require two people to do, but one person is only to help balance the lathe. I then used the floor jack again to lift the entire lathe by positioning the floor jack in the center of the 2x10 board and lifted the lathe up off the floor about 1/4". Then you can push/pull the lathe around to get it into position where you want it. <b>To move the lathe across the shop</b> you and a partner can simply push the lathe on its new feet a little at a time to get the lathe moved in the general position you want it, then use the automotive floor jack and 2x10 to rotate the lathe or to better fine tune its final resting place.

Sorry this is so long, but after moving 2 of these babies in the last 18 months, I've learned a little more about moving them to include unloading them off the back of a trailer. All else fails, rent you an engine hoist and move the lathe that way. Hope this helps a little.