Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: turning a pool cue

http://www.bellforestproducts.com/exotic-wood-blanks/ I think this company caters to pool cue makers you may want o call them.

This has stirred up some interesting information. I appreciate all the input. It has definitely made me do some serious thinking. Next, my sincere apologies for not responding sooner. We have been busy getting ready for a big craft show this weekend. Mr. Hu, I have absolutely no interest in purchasing your cue lathe, or other equipment in storage. I've got all I need. Thank you just the same. And as far as the life expectancy of a full time cue maker of 20-25 years? I'm not going to lock horns with ya about it, but I question that statement. With all the feedback I've read on this thread, I've about talked myself out of even attempting the job. I feel like I've worked to hard, & come to far to destroy my reputation over a pool stick. I may find a book & read into it some, but, my scroll & lathe work, along with the other woodworking I do now keeps me as busy as I want to be, & at times, busier. My health puts limitations on me, as well. I enjoy woodworking for what it is, gentlemen. Relaxation, creation, meeting new folks, & learning new things all the time. Sometimes things are just better off left where they are. Again, I appreciate all the time & input from everyone. Enjoy the day.