Quote Originally Posted by Brian McInturff View Post
Well, you did specifically mention their product in a public forum. Asking for compensation seems kinda of childish.
If you liked their product then what's the big deal.
No, I'm not affiliated with any company.
It's not unreasonable because there is an implied commercial endorsement used for commercial purposes. It's not unreasonable to ask for a benefit in exchange for the free use of the endorsement. Marty makes some good points. Some of those other endorsee's received compensation for their endorsement, but Marty did not.

I'd forgotten about another incident that happened to me other than the NY Times article. I had uploaded my son playing in his Buzz Lightyear Halloween outfit several years ago and Disney contacted me for permission to use those images in a commercial campaign. They sent me a consent letter as well as gave me some original Mickey Mouse drawings that were used as stills in a movie. Disney never ended up using my footage, but their legal department felt it necessary to get my permission to use the footage. I think the same thing may apply here as well. The only difference is that one is video "language" and the other is written "language".