Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Backyard Spotlight

Drone time.

Several years ago I picked up a Vector brand 20 million candlepower spotlight so I could check out the livestock and wild critters in the far end of the pasture. Mine has 2 beams, so I can turn one or both on to really light the area up. It has a kick-stand that came in handy to position it when I needed to set it down and still position it to light an area up. It also has an LED light that I could turn on when I didn't want to spotlight the whole area.

While I did receive some teasing about it being such a monster of a beam, it has really come in handy over the years. It has a rechargeable battery and it held it's charge for quite some time.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

If it were me, I would install motion detection spotlights at a couple key spots near your home and buildings and not be concerned with whats going on farther away.

Motion-activated sprinklers?

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Lob a bird bomb down there:
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 12-08-2015 at 8:05 AM. Reason: inappropriate link

I'd be happy to let you have some cuttings from the wild roses that infest my meadow. You only try to walk through them once with anything other than a full-body kevlar suit. Man, do they hurt, and they grow 8 ft canes over the course of the summer.

Seriously, barb wire (3 or 4 wire) fence would establish the boundary. Blackberries would enforce it.
    Paul

Things like poison ivy are well known to those who trespass. They spray, wait for it to die and then they return. I live in the city near woods,keeping poison ivy and brambles down is an ongoing maintenance thing, and only the birds "plant " it.

electric fence

Quote Originally Posted by roger wiegand View Post
    I'd be happy to let you have some cuttings from the wild roses that infest my meadow. You only try to walk through them once with anything other than a full-body kevlar suit. Man, do they hurt, and they grow 8 ft canes over the course of the summer.
    I might actually contact you this spring to get some plantings.Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Barry View Post
    If it were me, I would install motion detection spotlights at a couple key spots near your home and buildings and not be concerned with whats going on farther away.
    Pat, the problem is that the neighbors are hunting down there and shooting deer rifles over our house when they miss the deer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    Pat, the problem is that the neighbors are hunting down there and shooting deer rifles over our house when they miss the deer.
    Holy cow - you need the militia for sure

Yeah,the roses sound good,even if someone kills them they stay dangerous a long time. There is an old rambler named
    Feicite et Perpetue that is aggressive and impenetrable in zone 7. Light creamy pink small slightly fragrant flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    Yeah,the roses sound good,even if someone kills them they stay dangerous a long time. There is an old rambler named Feicite et Perpetue that is aggressive and impenetrable in zone 7. Light creamy pink small slightly fragrant flowers.

A neighbor of mine has theses roses I'm pretty sure. They grow very tall and are VERY hardy.

I don't understand the interest in poison ivy or wild roses. Why plant something that will be a burden down the road if you ever want to do something with the land? Barb wire with a few signs is simple and doesn't destroy the property.

Steve